Big Country Kitchen: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
We're not sure about you, but we let our bananas get extra ripe on purpose so we have an excuse to make this banana bread.
Add in chocolate chips and it's a match made in heaven.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
YIELDS: 12 Slices
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup Big Country Organic Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Big Country Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mashed, ripe, bananas (about 4-5 bananas)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour (230 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare loaf pan lined with parchment paper or spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Cream for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla, bananas and greek yogurt. Stir well until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Simply fold in ingredients until combined, don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips & pour into lined loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Also, sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of Big Country Organic Cane Sugar on top of bread.
- Bake in 350 degree oven. Cover with foil halfway through cooking, approximately 25 minutes to prevent burning. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. To ensure it’s done, use a food thermometer to test it! If inserted in the middle of the loaf, it should be 200 degrees when ready.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
Follow @bigcountryfood on Instagram for more content and recipes!