Big Country Kitchen: Pumpkin Cheesecake Streusel Bars
Graham cracker crust, pumpkin and cheesecake center and a streusel topping - need we say more?
This combination is something you never knew you needed.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Streusel Bars
YIELDS: 9 large barsINGREDIENTS:
For the crust
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10-12 full crackers)
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup Big Country Organic Light Brown Sugar
For the pumpkin cheesecake
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cups Big Country Organic Cane Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 5 oz pumpkin puree (half of a 15-oz can)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the streusel crumb topping
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Big Country Organic Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour (130 grams)
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper (or generously spray with non-stick cooking spray), set aside.
2. For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Add melted butter and combine.
3. Firmly press graham cracker mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat at a low speed until thoroughly combined.
5. Add in eggs, one at a time, combining after each addition.
6. Pour half of the cheesecake mixture on top of the prepared graham cracker crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the pumpkin layer.
7. Add pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining cheesecake mixture. Beat at low speed until fully combined.
8. Pour pumpkin mixture on top of the plain cheesecake layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
9. To prepare the streusel topping, cut the butter in cubes and combine with all other streusel ingredients using either a pastry cutter (or pinching with your fingers), until combined in large crumbs.
10. After the cheesecake has been baking for 20 minutes, remove from oven and evenly disperse the streusel mixture over the top. Return pan to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the mixture is set. Remove and cool. Cut into squares and enjoy! Store in refrigerator.Follow @bigcountryfood on Instagram for more content and recipes!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.