Big Country Kitchen: Double Chocolate S’mores Brownies
Double chocolate s’mores brownies take your favorite summer treat and combine them with decadent, fudgy brownies to make a powerhouse, melt-in-your-mouth dessert! And if you like your desserts vegan and gluten-free…this one’s for you.
This brownie recipe with cocoa powder is a crowd-pleaser, especially if you use Big Country Organic Cocoa Powder. Not only does this dessert deliver on big flavors, but it calls for clean ingredients that you can feel good about in the kitchen. Shall we get to it?
Double Chocolate S’mores Brownies
Recipe Credit: Nikki Brancaccio
- 1 cup Big Country Organic Cane Sugar
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp Big Country Organic Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup cassava flour (or AP flour)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp applesauce
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips (+ more for topping)
- 1 cup vegan mini marshmallows
- ½ cup gluten-free graham crackers (chopped)
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sugar, & salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk vanilla, coconut oil, & applesauce
- Add wet mixture into dry and mix until just combined (it will be thick!)
- Add in chocolate chips
- Transfer mixture to an 8x8 parchment-lined pan and bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes
- Top with marshmallows, more chocolate chips, & graham cracker pieces
- Bake for an additional 3 minutes & broil on low for 1-2 minutes at the end for toasted marshmallow perfection!
It’s that easy. Will you make them this weekend (and bring us a bite)? Share your bakes over @bigcountryfood on Instagram, and follow along for more recipes and content!