Big Country Kitchen: Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
We know you've had brownies, but have you had brownies that are stuffed with creamy peanut butter and topped with a layer of chocolate?
Look no further - this recipe is a MUST try!
Peanut Butter Brownies
YIELDS: 18 large brownies
For the brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ½ cups Big Country Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (195 grams)
- 1 cup Big Country Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the peanut butter layer
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Big Country Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons organic milk
For the chocolate topping
- 2 cups chocolate chips
To make the brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper (or generously grease)
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, until thoroughly blended.
4. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until blended.
5. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. Remove and cool.
To make the peanut butter and chocolate topping
1. Beat together butter and peanut butter until well combined. On a low speed, beat in powdered sugar. Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk so that the mixture is still thick but spreadable.
2. Top the cooled brownies with the peanut butter mixture, creating an even layer on top.
3. Melt chocolate chips on low power for 45 seconds. Take out, stir, then continue heating for 15-30 second intervals until the chocolate chips are almost, but not completely, melted. Then just stir by hand until fully melted.
4. Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter layer, creating a smooth top layer. Let cool until chocolate is just about fully hardened, then cut into 18 bars.
Follow @bigcountryfood on Instagram for more content and recipes!