Big Country Kitchen: Strawberry & White Chocolate Scones
Strawberry and white chocolate is a combination that never fails. Strawberry season ends right when winter begins, which makes these scones a perfect thing to make in the fall. Whether you're baking for a big group, or just you and a loved one, these scones will always impress.
We made these scones with Big Country Organic Cane Sugar and Big Country Organic Powdered Sugar, so if you're looking for some high quality organic ingredients, check out our shop! Otherwise, enjoy the recipe and tag our Instagram or Facebook with the final product to be featured on our page!
Strawberry & White Chocolate Scones
For the scones:
- 1 ½ cup fresh, strawberries, hulled and quartered (separated)
- 1/3 cup Big Country Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour (290 grams)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ½ cup full fat organic sour cream
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chunks or chips
For the glaze:
- 1 cup Big Country Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add butter pieces into bowl of dry ingredients. Working quickly, cut with a pastry cutter or using a back of a fork, until all ingredients are well-combined (but still a little chunky).
3. In a small, separate bowl, whisk together egg and sour cream until combined. Mix in vanilla. Add wet ingredients to butter/flour mixture, using a wooden spoon.
4. Fold in 1 ¼ cup strawberries and white chocolate. Gently mix until combined.
5. Once dough starts to form, pour onto a clean working surface. Knead it until smooth and then place it onto lined baking sheet, forming it into a circle (about 8 inches in diameter).Cut the dough, like a pizza, into eight pieces. Top with remaining ¼ cup of cut strawberries (slightly pushing into the dough).
6. Line them up on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Once you remove scones from fridge, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining egg and brush the top of each scone. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
8. To prepare the glaze, in a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk and vanilla extract until well combined, with no lumps. If glaze is too thick, add in additional ½-1 tablespoon milk.
9. Drizzle prepared scones with glaze. Let sit until glaze hardens (about 10-20 minutes). Serve and enjoy!
Follow @bigcountryfood on Instagram for more content and recipes!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.