Big Country Kitchen: Chocolate Swirl Sour Cream Pound Cake
Whether you’re serving a crowd or itching to bake a cake just because, you can’t go wrong with this old-fashioned marble cake – make sure you use Big Country Organic ingredients to take the bake up a notch!
Chocolate Swirl Sour Cream Pound Cake
For the Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups Big Country Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- ½ cup cake flour
- ⅓ cup Big Country Organic Cocoa Powder
For the Chocolate Glaze
- 1 cup Big Country Organic Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Big Country Organic Cocoa Powder
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Flaked sea salt, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
- If your eggs aren’t at room temp, set them in a bowl of warm water.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla for a full 10 minutes – the mixture should be very light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, one by one, add the eggs and yolks, allowing time for each to fully incorporate before adding another.
- Add the sour cream and beat to combine.
- Divide batter in half (use a scale if you have it for accuracy).
- To one half sift in ½ cup cake flour and cocoa. To the other half sift in 1 cup flour and 2 tablespoons of cake flour.
- Layer the batter into the bundt pan, alternating between the chocolate and the plain (you should get about 3 layers from each for a total of 6-7 layers – extras can be added on top).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until you can press the top and it feels firm, or use a cake tester.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then overturn onto a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, make the glaze by whisking all the ingredients together. If the glaze is thick, add a bit more milk. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar (or cocoa).
- Spoon glaze on top of the bundt and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
And that’s it! If you whip up this sour cream pound cake recipe, be sure to share your pics and follow us @bigcountryfood on Instagram for more content and recipes!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.