Big Country Kitchen Ft. Stefany Bare: Banana Bread Bites
Not all Banana Bread is created equal. Stefany Bare, our favorite Big Country Kitchen guest, has a secret ingredient that makes the final product just the right texture.Top this banana bread with cream cheese frosting, cut into small bites, bake with Big Country Organic ingredients and there you have it!
Banana Bread Bites
For the Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Big Country Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Big Country Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 &1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Optional nuts (walnuts or pecans)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8 packages of reduced fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Big Country Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
INSTRUCTIONS:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees & grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. Prepare the frosting so it can chill. Add all ingredients together using a standing or hand mixer until consistency is smooth. Place in fridge.
3. In a large bowl, beat the sugars and butter together until smooth.
4. Add in eggs, banana, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
5. Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until batter has reached smooth consistency with no banana chunks visible.
6. Pour batter into the baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and you can put a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
7. Let bread cool completely before frosting.
8. After bread is cooled, frost the top of the loaf. Cut into 2 inch squares or whatever size you desire. Garnish with chopped nuts.
9. Store in an airtight container in the fridge – I think they are best chilled!
We hope you enjoy! Follow us @bigcountryfood on Instagram for more content and recipes!