Big Country Kitchen: Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
You’ve had brownies, but have you had peanut butter swirl brownies? Yeah, our mouths are watering, too. Fudgy brownies loaded with a thick, creamy peanut butter swirl = the ultimate indulgent treat!
This peanut butter brownie recipe with cocoa powder will blow your mind, especially if you use Big Country Organic Cocoa Powder. Because this recipe doesn’t call for melted chocolate, the cocoa powder on its own will provide that deep, chocolatey flavor. Paired with creamy peanut butter, and you’ve entered brownie heaven.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Recipe Credit: Mike Johnson of Mike Bakes NYC
For the Brownies
- ¾ cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (40g) Big Country Organic Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup (170g) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Peanut Butter Swirl
- ½ cup (125g) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8×8–inch pan and line the pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. In a medium bowl, add the butter, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the brownie batter randomly into the prepared pan. Top with random spoonfuls of all of the peanut butter batter. Drop random spoonfuls of the remaining chocolate batter over any bare or heavy peanut butter spots. Using a knife, swirl the batters together then bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares. Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature for up to 1 week.
If this peanut butter brownie recipe with cocoa powder delivered on decadence, richness, chewiness, and of course, fudginess, we want to hear about it! Share your bakes with us over @bigcountryfood on Instagram, and follow along for more recipes and content!